Void Free Soldering with Vacuum Assisted Reflow
High performance electronics and power devices are driving higher power densities. As a result, void free solder connections are increasingly a necessity in order to comply with today’s reliability standards.
Voids in solder joints can lead to many undesirable issues such as
- Device overheating
- Reduced electrical performance
- Reduced RF performance for high-frequency applications
- Lower overall reliability
Voids can be effectively removed with vacuum assisted reflow.
- Trapped gas bubbles increase in size as pressure is reduced.
- Larger bubbles combine with other bubbles and ultimately collide with the edge of liquid solder to escape.
- Larger bubbles are accelerated by stronger buoyancy forces making them more likely to escape.
More about Heller vacuum reflow ovens.
Click here to learn more about Heller vacuum reflow ovens